Tuesday, May 28, 2013

You Call That A Croissant?

I do not know how you can go from France, which makes the most flakey, light, buttery, not-so-much-chocolate, melts-in-your-mouth, croissants, to Italy, just across the border, and find a chocolate croissant which looks like a kindergarten, playdough, art piece and is as inedible.
So yes, I am in Italy but have virtually no time to blog and lots to say. It is hard to find a terminal to write but for this brief moment I have been gifted a gracious person's office computer. So I will save what I have to say until I can find a place to write it at length.
At the moment, I am in Cortemilla, in what is referred to as the Langa or Alba, a bunch of hills and low mountains and traversing quiet roads. I will be in such terrain for several days and then hit the big flat expanse of the east.

One thing I will say: sometime towards the end of this week will be my unofficial halfway point. I brought that up last blog and then forgot to add that, for those of you who asked if this walk would be more or less miles than my walk across the US, it may be that my miles are the same as the US walk or even more. Originally I had said it would be less but once again, if I could read a map I might be able to judge these things better but such is the way of the happy wanderer who blissfully goes....an goes and goes. (My US walk was roughly 3,150 miles).

Anyway, time is up so I gotta go and hope to bring more news soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment