Monday, May 6, 2013

I Thought I Was High Before But I´m Sooooo High Now

I know I just blogged earlier today. But in Soldeu I thought I had nearly reached summit after climbing so high. Ha! Afterwards, I went so much higher, switchbacking up the most glorious road with the most spectacular views, nothing but mountains and snow. In fact, up towards the top of about 8,000 feet the snow was 4-6 feet along the road. But the remained sun warm and the sky was so blue. Simply STELLAR!!!! One of the best walking days yet. If yesterday´s somewhat lacklustre entrance into Andorra and up to Andorra La Vella left me a bit ho hum, today totally rectified things.
Plus, in my two days here I´ve already found $2.25 on the road. Much better than the $6.25 I got in Spain after 5 weeks (and most of it from a $5 note on a sidewalk in Granada).

Well, I am very close to France now. At the moment I´m in Pas De La Casa and when I finish, I´m heading to the border.

I know I am not doing much personal emails now or any FB. But I do appreciate & read all your comments. So thank you.
I want to slip a few quick messages to those that may be reading this. If your name does not appear don't take it personally. I love you ALL!
Gini: I have given second looks to several beautiful things for you.
Aunt Pat: You know I´m seeing it all for you
Stacey: Hope you´re keeping up the mile a day
Jeff:Your name was definitely shouted out today
Heather: Do you realize YOUR significance in my blog name? Think your last visit to SF & your gift to me
Ari: If you are not ready to quit, DON´T
Phil G: Thank you thank you thank you
Theresa: I hope you & your Mom are plotting my course
Rachel & Mark: Can´t wait to have a meal in your new place. Congrats!
Andy & Ryan: School´s almost out! YAY!
Doug V: Never got the Aguirre helmet. But some days I definitely feel like Kinski!
Mom: Before the mountains I started seeing roses. I smell them & say HI to you. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment