Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Bulgarian Quickie

I have no time to blog since I have been given 5 minutes on this computer in the middle of nowhere mountainville. I am ok. I am surviving. But I have had some rough days. Feet are holding up but are in bad shape. I am eating. But I am in mountains with a lot of up and down walking, some of it steep.
Spent last night in Dospat which is one of my favorite villages this whole trip. A village poised high with small windy lanes and crumbling houses from the 1500s. These mountains have scarecrows, abandonded gypsy carts, lots of dark forests, and animals. A fox this morning. I am still hoping for a July 31 finish. I have sorta promised my body this (YES, we are separate entities now). I control the mind, the stomach, the feet the legs, etc. I have to talk with each at different times in different ways.

I have also read all recent emails but once again cannot respond becuz of this computer. THANK YOU to all!!!! Very sorry for you CW. My thoughts are with you and the family.
A big shout to my friend Taylor who I think is still on his big protest walk against the Keystone Pipeline. He said my walk partly inspired him to leave Japan (and his pregnant wife, who supports him:YES!) to join the movement. I am thrilled. Good luck.

Must go now, arghhhhhhh. I need all good thoughts now. Thank you!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love you Stevyn! We think and pray for you every day to have a safe and inspiring trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I cannot wait to see you!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Stevyn, You are my absolute travel hero. I am reading every word and relishing in your wonderful adventure. Hope you make your date of finish. Good luck. Henke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you T. I cannot wait to hear about your travels too.

      Delete